Striving for Relevance
As a Performer, we strive for relevance, to bridge a moment between two or more people—a shared feeling, a moment of truth. As an old guy in a fuzzy suit, I can’t wave my hands and fix their problems, as much as I would really like to.
I can however:
- Listen intently and with compassion
- Try to entertain and bring a sense of play and wonder
- Share my love for the season and the ideals behind it
- Bring a sense of continuity over time and of the bigger picture
- Offer unbiased affection in its simplest form
As a Performer, I deal with Intangibles. And the value of them starts with my heart.