Brought to you by Rocky Mountain IBRBS
CPW Advanced Performing Workshop in Denver, Colorado, June 28-30, 2019
Presented by Robert Seutter (Santa True)
Join us June 28-30, 2019 for CPW Advanced Performing Workshop, led by an accomplished Santa, storyteller, and teacher, Robert Seutter, better know as Santa True.
In the first course, the Performing Fundamentals, you were presented with a buffet: with a little of everything, all designed to inspire. Now in the Advanced Workshop, you’ll be immersed in more intensive hands-on and activity-based materials, where participants will create and do. Day One is spent working on understanding, creating, and telling stories. We also examine key techniques in receiving and giving feedback plus coaching. Day Two takes story knowledge and Christmas lore to create unique character back stories. Along the way, we focus on what makes each of your individual characters unique, how to build buy-in from audiences, create character depth, and how to use ALL of this to enthrall your audience. Throughout, we engage in performing exercises, with a bit of vocal, improv, and duo exercises, working in both small and large groups so participants can try out new skills in a supportive environment This is a workshop like no other.
- To Register: $100 non-refundable deposit
- Balance remaining will depend on total students signed up (limit 40)
- Total will be between $200-250 based on number students
- Balance Due on or before June 1, 2019
- Friday Night will be a two-hour “recap and refresher” with full complement of hor d’ouevres and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bar is available on-site.)
- Sat and Sun sessions will include coffee/pastry in morning, sandwich trays and water/beverage at lunchtime.
- Lodging, meals (except as outlined above), and transportation are not included.
How to Register
Contact Andy Farr to reserve your spot in the workshop today!
- Andy Farr, RM IBRBS Treasurer
- (303) 618-5229
Workshop Participant Survey
Once you have registered, please complete this advanced survey (should take only 5-10 minutes) so that your feedback can be included in the course.
- Fri: Dave & Buster’s, 2000 S Colorado Blvd, Denver CO 80222
- Sat-Sun: Schlessman Family YMCA, Colorado Building, 3901 E Yale Ave (Yale & Colorado), Denver CO 80210
- Colorado Building is the three-story building on Colorado Blvd, but shares parking lot with the gym and recreation building on Yale Ave.
Lodging, Airports, and Transportation
- Suggested Lodging: Fairfield Inn & Suites, 1680 S. Colorado Blvd, Denver CO 80222 (303) 691-2223.
- Numerous other hotels are available around Colorado Blvd & I-25.
- Denver International is the service airport.
- Light Rail service from DIA via downtown ($9 one-way) will bring you within six blocks of the Fairfield Inn (Colorado Station), two blocks of Dave & Buster’s (Colorado Station), and eight blocks of the Schlessman YMCA-Colorado Building (Yale Ave Station).
- Uber and Lyft are easily available in SE Denver.