Just a nudge to our CPW friends. Tick-tick-tick… A wonderfully long season will be soon upon us. It’s time to Practice, Practice, Practice!
The goal is not to make you perfect. The goal is to help you be rock solid when things go wrong or conditions are challenging. Having your material nailed will reduce your stress and help you have a more relaxed performance.
Here are some Performer Questions to help get you going.
- Have you been practicing your “Kringles” and your facial expressions?
- Have you been practicing your vocal exercises?
- Do you have “A visit from St. Nicholas” (aka “Twas the Night Before Christmas”) committed to memory? Have you tried singing it? Have you worked on your physical presentation?
- Have you been working with someone else on things like your character backstory and “top 25” questions?
- Do you have new songs and stories to present this season? Have you been practicing them?
- Have you worked on your ability to break down a performance scenario for its segments and flow?
- How good is your Reindeer Macarena?
- How good is your Call and Response?
- Have you practiced your Entrance and Exit (both Solo and Duo)?
- Have you practiced your “Count-Down Out?”
- How good is your Photo Mojo, both in front of and behind the camera?
- Have you practiced your Santa “Jedi” Techniques?
You have? Wonderful! You are going to rock it this season!
If you don’t know some of the terms mentioned here, ask your group to invite Christmas Performer Workshops to join you in 2019 for a great workshop! And remember, if you have been to a CPW Workshop and if you have questions, feel free to contact us.
Now get out there and practice. Bring your Unique Magic and have FUN! Hugs and Big Thanks! – True and Cat