Brought to you by Mid Atlantic Santa’s
CPW 2020: Performing Fundamentals
June 13-14 in Baltimore, MD
Presented by Robert Seutter (Santa True)
On Saturday, June 13 and Sunday, June 14, Santas, Mrs. Claus, and Elves have a very special opportunity to attend a dynamic two-day workshop, CPW Performing Fundamentals, led by an accomplished Santa, storyteller, and teacher, Robert Seutter, better know as Santa True. Members who attended his short programs at Branson, IBRBS conferences, and elsewhere wanted more of his creative and unique ideas for improving our holiday appearances. And CPW is excited to bring a full weekend program from California to Maryland!
CPW has designed a fun, high-energy workshop for folks to attend. Most importantly it’s the workshop that Santa Groups all over the US have given standing ovations! This workshop focuses on Performing. The better you are as a performer, the better the opportunities and money will be.
Join CPW for the Performing Fundamentals workshop, including the following.
- Performing Philosophy
- Tools of the Performer: Vocals, Physicality, and Improv (plus more)
- Telling a Story Without Saying a Word
- Learning Character Work
- All the World’s a Stage: Understanding Space (as a Performer)
- Rock Solid Santa: The Keys to Marathon Performing
- The Art of Expressiveness
- Developing your Photo Mojo
- Santa Jedi Techniques (understanding your audience)
- Time to Shine: Focus on Mrs. Claus, Elves, Managers, and Handlers
- The History of Christmas and the Claus Time Line
- Building Your Back-Story/North Pole
- Story Reading and Story Telling, and the Difference between them
- Story Time with Santa True
- Re-Thinking the Santa Community: Santa-Storming and more
- Q&A and the Future of Christmas Performing
- Friday, June 12, 5-10 PM – Welcome Reception at the Venue
- Saturday, June 13, 8 AM-5 PM – Day One Performing Fundamentals Workshop (with lunch break)
- Sunday, June 14, 8 AM-5 PM – Day Two Performing Fundamentals Workshop (with lunch break)
There will also be photo opportunities at the workshop venue with a Santa House, Santa Sled, and backdrop. All participants should bring their own outfits for photos.
Participants can arrive as early as 7 AM. Breakfast is hosted before class, and instruction will start close to 9 AM.
- Single Registration = $240
- Double Registration (Santa and Mrs Claus) = $400
Registration must be paid in full. Deadline to register is May 31, 2020. Register now, only 50 seats available! Registration includes beverages, snacks, and all meals. Travel, lodging, and extra activities are not included in the registration.
Staybridge Suites BWI Airport
1301 Winterson Rd
Linthicum, MD 21090
Rooms for this event are $99/night for King suites with full kitchen, free shuttle to/from airport (24-hours), and free laundry. The hotel has a breakfast service, but the Event Breakfast will be served at Arbutus Town Hall, the workshop venue.
Use the code BER (click this link and select your dates, to make reservations electronically) when making reservations at the hotel or you can refer to the Christmas Performers Workshop to make reservations over the phone. The phone number for the hotel is (410) 850-5666 and someone is there 24 hours/day. The deadline to make hotel reservations is May 13, 2020.
- Breakfast at Arbutus Town Hall – 7-8:30 AM – Saturday and Sunday
- Lunch at Arbutus Town Hall – 12-1 PM – Saturday and Sunday
- Dinner at Arbutus Town Hall – 5-7 PM – Friday and Saturday
Social time following dinner on Friday and Saturday. Drinks and snacks available while we are at the town hall.
Your nearest airport is Baltimore/Washington International (BWI.) The Mid-Atlantic Santas have several vehicles and volunteers to pick up people and get them to/from the hall if need be. Please contact the registration staff below for help with rides.
How to Register
- Contact us to reserve your spot in the workshop today! Then complete the Registration Survey to ensure you get your workshop graduation certificate.
- To submit your registration payment: https://www.paypal.me/santayogi
Workshop Participant Survey
Once you have registered, please complete this Registration Survey (should take only 5-10 minutes) so that your feedback can be included in the course and to ensure you get your workshop graduation certificate.
Arbutus Town Hall
1349 Stevens Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21227
Download the Flyer: CPW June 2020 Baltimore Maryland Flyer